AMP3 PR Adds 6th Street to Their Roster

AMP3 Public Relations has recently added 6th Street to their growing music pr roster. 6th Street, a Los Angeles based group, is made up of band members Grant Cook and Mike Miller. Just back from a 2 night appearance performing at Bob Woody’s Shakespeare’s on Sixth Street at the SXSW Music Festival in Austin, TX, it was much like a home coming for the University of Texas graduates. The local crowd was delighted to hear a set list that included new EP material like "Try and Stop Love", a song with a young electronica pop vibe, and the soulful "Angels Falling."

A recent blog post described their sound this way, "So let's say if The Postal Service and Owl City consumated and had a baby with Chris Martin's voice, then they made the baby eat violins for breakfast and it only spoke in lyrics in the caliber of say, John Mayer, then that is what 6th Street would sound like."

I don't know about you, but I love The Postal Service and Owl City. I think Chris Martin has an incredibly hot voice. And no matter how shocked and appalled I am by the things that come out of John Mayers mouth during interviews, I'm still constantly moved by his lyrics. To be clear, what I'm trying to say is that I don't know about you, but I don't think I have ever heard a more intriguing description of a bands sound.

I can't wait to give 6th Street a listen and speaking of, they actually have 2 upcoming NYC shows so I may just be hearing them live sooner than I even imagined. They'll be performing at Kenny's Castaways on April 27th at 8pm and at Arlene's Grocery on May 1st, time TBD.

In my opinion 6th Street is definitely a band to watch for...

If you are interested in music pr and representation, please contact AMP3 Public Relations at info(at)amp3pr.com.

-Ashley for AMP3 Public Relations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If FDA Says Cheerios is a Drug then I must be an Addict

Family Hires PR Firm in Legal Battle Against Hammer Attacker

Equifax Data Breach - PR Nightmare - 2017 (October 10th 2017)